Friday, April 3, 2009
Boxed In
I don't understand why people pidgeon-hole each other. Whenever I try something new or do something that I wouldn't normally do I have people tell me that they would never see me doing stuff like that or they tell me that I shouldn't and it's just a waste. I tried longboarding and loved it. I plan to continue to do it. I have only gotten grief from people who say that they could never see me trying it. I also have gone tanning once. Many people ripped into me about skin cancer and stuff. I'm not dumb! I know I'm asking for skin cancer but I just wanted to try it ok! I also dyed my hair darker and I've just gotten weird stares. Am I really that extreme? I don't think I am. I guess that I just want my friends and family to respect my choices of trying new things and I want to be seen as a person that isn't afraid to try new looks, new activities or meet new people. I do have a reason behind my madness. I want to at least try new things because when I'm a teacher I want to be able to talk to my students about thier likes and dislikes and be able to understand why they like something or at least have them feel like I care enough to try something that they like and that I care about them. And now for my next trick: YOGA!!! I'm pretty excited for it. I've only heard positive things about yoga so I don't think I'll hate it. I'll never know unless I try it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You'll love yoga! I do it every week! :)
ReplyDeleteYay yoga! It makes me happy :)
ReplyDelete