This question has been plaguing my mind for the past while. All of the traits and actions that I perceived to be best friend material has be contradicted in every way by all of my "best friends". So my question is what makes a best friend?
Is it all of the many conversations that go on for hours? Is it all of the deep topics that are discussed during said conversations? It is the service that is given unasked for and at the drop of a hat? It is the small gifts and favors that are done for one another? Is it dropping by the house just to see if you are doing OK? Is it simple notes stuffed in your backpack saying, "Have a great day! I love you!"? Is it the late-night giggle fests? Is it jamming in the car to music and singing till your voice goes hoarse? Is it the shoulder and tissues that are offered when you are bawling and your make-up is running down your face? Is it the hugs and ice cream when a date has gone wrong? Is it the late-night/early-morning runs to the store for treats together? Is it the sharing of clothes, shoes and jewelry? Is it the crazy pictures together that get put up on the wall in a collage? Is it the countless inside jokes that any one had to be there in order to understand? Is it being together so much that people call you the wrong name? Is it the ability to communicate with one word sentences and simple facial expressions? Or is it all in the eyes of the best friendee?
This has been quite the puzzle to me. Is it possible to ever achieve the PERFECT Best Friend status? or do we all have flaws? Is there a best friend for everybody? If so who am I supposed to be a best friend to? Is it OK to have a lot of friends that are the best? Because I have a lot of those. I just cannot figure this out. I hope that I will be able to sort out this muddled mess.
I know what you mean Necia!! I've thought about this as well. I have a LOT of friends that I consider my best friends.... it can definitely be confusing. If you ever figure it out let me know! lol
ReplyDelete