Thursday, February 12, 2009

Musings of a Mental Nutcase

OK... So pretty much Valentine's Day is upon us. For the first time in a few years I don't have a valentine to share this special day with. It is sort of weird not having someone to say "I Love You" to. Yet, I do have some amazing roommates who are not going to let this perfect chance for a ladies night get away. Aubrey, Brittany and I are going to do dinner together and have some other single girls come over for a chick flick marathon and plenty of treats and popcorn! :D It will be a ton of fun!


Next subject is: FOG. Logan weather is so strange and unique! Back home we would rarely get fog or if we did it was gone within 15 minutes. I live on a hill in the north eastern part of Logan and last night I looked out across the valley and I was staring at the top of a cloud that had settled itself on the floor of the valley. It was like an ocean of cotton balls; so beautiful. This morning I woke up and the fog was so thick I could barely see the cemetery across the street. It's starting to go away now but the snow, frost and slight fog makes it seem so ethereal. It's just like a fantasy land. So pretty.


My mom gave a wonderful book for my birthday called The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews. I read it and highlighted the parts that I loved. I finished it this week and I just had to call my mom and discuss it with her. This book has so many good lessons in it. It's not just a "make you feel good" book; it actually has good advice that can be taken to heart and used in everyday life. I recommend this book to everyone and I would be more than willing to talk to anyone about it. :D I just love a good book!


Well, there is homework to be done, then lunch to be made before I head to class. So "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice, Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

1 comment:

  1. Just for the record: girls' night Valentines Days were some of the funnest ones I had! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete