Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 26

Day 26 – A photo of somewhere you’ve been to.


I have been to the Big Apple. At first, the thought of being in the heart of New York City terrified me. Getting lost, mugged, hit by a taxi and many other scenarios caused great grief to my heart. I also think I was expecting it to be just like it is in the movies and the fear of it not living up to those expectations worried me. After my friends and I had been in the city for about an hour I started to lighten up and try to take it all in: the sounds, the smells, the lights, the air, everything. It was so overwhelming. I really fell in love with it. We rode in a real live taxi cab and talked to the driver. We went to China Town, did some shopping and we went to a Broadway play that night. I would love to go back someday. I even put "Live in NYC for a few months" on my bucket list and I would really like to do that before I turn 30. There ya go, somewhere I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment